• BackupFan
    We are trying to test a file/ folder restore and also a bare metal restore from an image backup in a situation in which we don’t have an internet connection. This obviously would be from a USB connected or other locally accessible drive.

Are we able to open the online backup agent without an internet connection? When trying to do this, we got an error message saying The remote name could not be resolved: ‘ws.mspbackups.com’.

Also, can we use the bare metal restore thumb drive to complete a bare metal recovery without an internet connection?
  • Mike S
    What'd you do? I might have to do a restore from a external hard drive to a machine. Bare metal.
  • David Gugick
    Currently, the backup agent requires an internet connection to perform a restore.
  • Mike S
    Can you restore an image backup stored on a external USB with an internet connection? (without pulling data from the Cloud)
  • David Gugick
    I'm not really sure what you're asking. You can restore if you have an internet connection regardless of where that data is stored. Can you elaborate?
  • Steve Putnam
    You need an internet connection to do a restore. If you have an internet connection you can do any type of restore; cloud or local. I do agree that if it is technically possible to permit a local restore from USB/ NAS device without an internet connection it would be nice. Question: if a local restore starts, and then we lose internet connection, will the restore finish?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment