• jehringer
    Hello,
    We recently had to reinstall Cloudberry Explorer Pro and the DLL file for PSsnapin appears to not be in the location it needs to be. How does one get the file?
    - Jesse
  • jehringer
    Hi David, I have looked through the article but when I run the command in Powershell, it says the PSsnapin is not found. After a fresh install, the dll file is still not found.
  • David Gugick
    somehow I pasted the wrong URL. Please refer to this page on registering the powershell snap-in. https://www.msp360.com/resources/documentation/cli-api/msp360-explorer/powershell/amp/
  • jehringer
    Yeah we have tried that documentation. We ended up getting the dll file from the support people but when we run the install command, we get the following:
    'An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Explorer\CloudBerryLab.Explorer.PSSnapIn.dll assembly.
    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
    Aborting installation for C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Explorer\CloudBerryLab.Explorer.PSSnapIn.dll.
    Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Explorer\CloudBerryLab.Explorer.PSSnapIn.dll'.'
  • David Gugick
    Did you install according to the directions in the article? Can you post the command you ran and also please note the OS and platform (x86 / x64). Thanks.
  • jehringer
    Yes, we uninstalled Cloudberry pro then reinstalled the program. We went to the location C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Explorer and ran PowerShell from that location. We ran the following command 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe CloudBerryLab.Explorer.PSSnapIn.dll' and received the error that CloudBerryLab.Explorer.PSSnapIn.dll could not be found.
    We have this installed on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard on the x64 based.
  • David Gugick
    And you have you installed the necessary prerequisites?
    • .NET Framework 4.0 (full version)
    • Windows Management Framework 3.0

If so, I think you'll need to reach out to Support again for assistance.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment