• paleolith
    I found that I could leave the "user name" blank and email notifications worked, so I figured it was related to using one's own mail server. But my sister is installing the MacOS version and says it requires her to enter something for the user name. She just filled in "backup", and it successfully sent an email notification after the first backup attempt.

The documentation is silent on the meaning of this field -- "Enter your ... User name" is NOT helpful.

So what's the field mean?

Thanks,

Edward
  • Gleb
    Hello Edward,
    Basically it's the name we should use in further conversation. You can enter some garbage if you want to keep this info private (we're not sharing it with anyone outside of our company anyway).
  • paleolith
    Hi Caleb,

Oh, I see it's put in the "Dear" line in the email report. I left it blank using the Windows version, and the email says "Dear customer". My sister, forced to enter something in the Mac version, entered "backups" and the email says "Dear backups".

I'd suggest that this be explained, either in the documentation or in a hint on the config screen. i'd go with the latter, since it only needs a few words. ("User name" usually implies a logon ID, so that's confusing.)

Thanks,

Edward
  • Gleb
    Hi Edward. Makes sense. Thanks for your suggestion, we'll think this through and fix it somehow.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment