• Adam Smith
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable seems to be required for new installs, but the download is no longer available from Microsoft. Is there a safe place to download this library for new installs?
  • David Gugick
    Where are you seeing that requirement? I do not think that's correct. The closest I have to that requirement is that some old versions may require Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redist x64.

https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/installation/system-requirements
  • Adam Smith
    Hi David!

I run into the attached popup after running the installer on a Windows 10 21H2 workstation.
    Attachment
    Cloudberry_Error (30K)
  • David Gugick
    What version of the product are you using?
  • Adam Smith
    The installer is version 7.2.1.58
  • David Gugick
    I think the message is incorrect. Follow the link in the Help article I posted above to download the 2013 version of the C++ library and let me know if that solves the issue. I will let the team know about the message.
  • Adam Smith
    Thanks David! I will give that a try and report back shortly.
  • Adam Smith
    Looks like it was already installed on the machine in question. I ran a repair of that library and the same behavior continued.
  • David Gugick
    There are 32 and 64-bit versions of the installer on that Microsoft page. Please make sure both are installed. We may install as 32 or 64 bit based on OS platform. I would also recommend an uninstall / reboot / reinstall to ensure the installation is correct.

I am checking with Support. I will update the case with your recent notes.
  • Adam Smith
    Hi David!

I have installed the 32-bit version as well and rebooted. Behavior is persisting.

It bears mentioning that version 7.2.1.49 was installed previously, but there was an issue with one of the VSS DLLs which prompted the initial uninstall/reinstall attempt when I ran into this problem while trying to re-install.

I can provide some logs if that would be useful.
  • David Gugick
    You can send the logs to support if you want through the tools diagnostic function, but please do not post them here. If you submit, please let me know, so I can let support know.
  • Adam Smith
    Is there anything else that can be done at this point besides sending the logs?
  • David Gugick
    I opened an internal case, but if there is not a known issue in the system, I can guarantee Support will ask me to ask you to send the logs. You're welcome to wait for the team to get back to me (maybe they will today), but since you're a Managed Backup customer and have Support, I just thought that going direct to Support would be the easiest way for a swift resolution.
  • Adam Smith
    Gotcha! Is there a good way to submit logs from the command line interface so as not to disturb the client's workday?
  • David Gugick
    Support got back to me, and it's a known issue. Two options: Download the latest version of the product which I think is 7.4 and try the install again. Or, if you want to keep using that older version you can follow these directions to get the missing binary and then you can run the install.

1. Download msvcr100.dll from our website: [url=http://1. Download msvcr100.dll from our website: https://download.msp360.com/mscpp2010sp1/msvcr100.dll 2. Copy it to %SystemRoot%/system32 (usually C:\Windows\System32) 3. Run the installer again]https://download.msp360.com/mscpp2010sp1/msvcr100.dll[/url]

2. Copy it to %SystemRoot%/system32 (usually C:\Windows\System32)

3. Run the installer again
  • Adam Smith
    Hey David!

After copying that DLL to the proper directory and re-running the installation from the user's desktop, the installation worked as intended.

Thank you for your help!

I am wondering if this is common with script-based deployments?

I had several other clients that I got set up using the GUI on their desktop and was able to install without any issues when script-based deployments had failed immediately prior. Granted, I did not get any error about missing C++ libraries and instead ran into errors indicating that the installation path could not be found.

Again, thank you for your help! :)
  • David Gugick
    I believe engineering is aware of this particular issue that some customers are running into. They are working to address. I'm glad you're up and running. Thanks for the update.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment