• Andrea
    Hi all,
    I managed CloudBerry Backup with a colleague and each of us has a different Windows administrator user.
    How can I make my Instance of CloudBerry Backup so open with the configuration (all the backup plans) that my colleague created?
    Thanks,
    Andrea
  • David Gugick
    Was the product installed for All Users? If so, you should see a single view of all plans regardless of who is logged in.
  • Andrea
    It was installed for all user, in fact all users see the Software, but it's empty.
    If I go in Tools -> Options ->Repository, I see that is't in my home folder and not in the Administrator folder (that is the user that is managing now all the backup plans), so there is something that tells the software to look in the home folder even for the configuration too
  • David Gugick
    Can you verify what version you are running?
  • David Gugick
    If it's in your home folder, then it sounds like that the application was installed for that user only. The default location for the repository is not the Users folder. It's normally in ProgramData. You can relocate the repository using the functionality on the Options - Repository page: https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/options/repository

I would make a copy of the repository folder first before moving.
  • Andrea
    I've logged in with my user for the first time just a couple of days ago and I assure you that I didn't install it.
    What can I do?
  • David Gugick
    Someone installed the product before you ran it. And they probably installed it for their user account. I gave you the solution above on how to move the repository, but you may want to uninstall and reinstall the product first.

Having said that. the version you are using is long out of support and I would strongly recommend you upgrade to a supported version.

You can read more about our product lifecycle here: https://www.msp360.com/productlifecycle.aspx
  • Andrea
    Sorry, I thought that repository and configuration were 2 separate things.
    I've moved the repository logged in as Administrator, how do I tell Cloudberry from my user to use that repository and not to move mine there?
    many thanks!

P.s. I've updated to V7.4.2.2!
  • David Gugick
    did you uninstall the product from all user accounts first before upgrading?

If that doesn't work you may need to reach out to support. I haven't come across many users that had the product installed at the user account level, and I'm not even sure we still support that in the later versions.
  • Andrea
    Hi David,
    no, I haven't uninstalled Cloudberry before upgrading because I've got multiple schedule with Glacier and I was worried that I could lose them.
    I'll create a snapshot and do like you told me: uninstall and install it again for all users.
  • David Gugick
    Let me check with support. An uninstall won’t delete repository or plans but let’s check to see if anything else is needed.
  • David Gugick
    This is what Support recommends:

Export Backup Plans (for a backup in case they need to be restored)
    https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-copy-backup-plans/

Stop the backup services (either via the GUI or Services.msc)
    Close the GUI prior to executing the commands below
    Use the following command to switch to Common mode.
    From a command prompt in the backup installation folder.

Change directory in the command prompt to the Backup software installation folder and then run this command:

cbb option -usermode common

That should do it.
  • Andrea
    That did it!!!
    Thanks a lot!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url