• BlueCar5280
    Hello,

We're trying to figure out how we can restore a folder from an NF image backup from PC A backed up to a NAS to PC B. We have the online backup agent installed on PC B. Is it possible to access PC A's NAS and NAS account to restore to PC B. Thanks.
  • BlueCar5280
    And all devices are on the same LAN.
  • David Gugick
    Can you confirm you're trying to restore an image? Meaning, the entire operating system? Or are you trying to restore files from the backup, whether that's an image or a file backup.
  • BlueCar5280
    Hello. We're trying to restore files from the backup, which is an image backup. Thanks you for the response.
  • David Gugick
    My recommendation would be to create a restore plan on the computer where the backups are being taken, and restore them to the other computer either by restoring to a temporary location and copying, or restoring to a network share where the first computer can access them, or by exposing one of the local drives on the other computer as a share and restoring directly there. If you want to restore from the other computer and you're not using it actively for backups, you can do that, but you'll have to set the backup prefix accordingly. https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/restore/about-restore/restore-from-another-computer
  • BlueCar5280
    Hello. We're still having trouble thus far. After setting the backup prefix on computer B to computer A, we're getting the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to use the quick restore feature. I plan to try this again to see if we get the same result.
  • David Gugick
    Version of product? I believe this was a known issue and was addressed in the 7.4 release.
  • BlueCar5280
    Hello. I think you were exactly right. We were using 7.3. After we updated to 7.4, it appears to have worked. Thank you for your help on this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment