• BlueCar5280
    Hello,

I have question regarding the meaning of an error message we've seen on a backup. The error message is "An error occurred (code: 1003)
    database disk image is malformed database disk image is malformed". We are seeing this in the MSP360 Portal in the Computers>Remote Management tab. Could someone inform us as to what this error message means, what causes it, and what the fix would be? Thank you.
  • David Gugick
    It's a somewhat generic error message. We would need to know the version of the software you're running, what type of backup you're running, and whether or not you happen to have the local repository database on a compressed NTFS folder.
  • BlueCar5280
    Hello,

I'm not sure what the ver. is specifically, but it should be 7.4.2.6 or newer, it's a NF backup, and I don't think we have the local repository database on a compressed NTFS folder. Thank you.
  • David Gugick
    I would encourage you to open a support cases soon as possible to have a support technician walk you through the process to resolve this. I would not want any issues in the local repository to affect your ability to complete future backups or perform a restore. They can walk you through the process on how to address the issue and also examine the logs to see what may have triggered the problem in the first place. Sorry we can't be more help on the forums, but I think this issue requires a closer look by the support team.
  • BlueCar5280
    Hello,

Ok, thank you for the input. At the moment, this error message actually seems to have gone away, and the backup seems to be running fine. Do you recommend we still open a support case, or are we fine to ignore this message unless it persists?
  • David Gugick
    I’d still recommend you open a support case and let them know what you were seeing.
  • BlueCar5280
    Ok, thanks. Will do.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube