• MRM4TN
    We have been doing full backups (with a few exemptions) since we've had the program for a couple of years. We are using the Ultimate Edition. The problem we're having now is the backups are taking a long time since we're at almost 2TB of information. I know there is a way to do an incremental backup, but I haven't figured out how to do it. It would be nice to run incremental backups through the week and a full backup on the weekend.
  • David Gugick
    Can I assume you're doing an image backup? If so, you would just schedule the incremental backup on the same schedule tab in the wizard where you scheduled the full backup. If you haven't already done so, I would encourage you to move to the new backup format. That would require you create a new backup plan using that format. You could remove the schedule from the old backup plan and leave backups in storage until they're no longer needed and then manually remove them. You can refer to the schedule section on this help page for more information. Let me know if you have any further questions. https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/backup/image-based/nbf
  • MRM4TN
    Thanks. I found where to do incremental versus full back up. But when I was trying to edit it, it wouldn't let me check incremental without also checking full. I'll try a new one and see if it will let me only chose incremental.

BTW, while trying to edit these, I discovered the backup was set to do both full and incremental. Not sure how that happened. It's no wonder these were taking 16-17 hours to complete.
  • David Gugick
    You need to run both incrementals and fulls. That's why you can't schedule the incremental when a full is not scheduled. If what you want is to run incremental backups for 7 days and then do a full backup on the weekends, then set it up that way.

Regardless, I would again encourage you to consider moving to the new backup format by creating a brand new backup plan that uses the new image-based format. It has a lot of improvements over the legacy format that you can read about in the online help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment