• Brandon B
    Hello all,

So I have contacted support in regards to my current issue, but am hoping maybe someone here has had this issue before and knows a way to resolve the matter. This is kind of very important as backups are not happening for well over 80+ systems.

That aside, getting into the support details. They advised I check the license in the web portall for the machines specified, making sure the license for the device matches the device type, eg: server license for server backups. This proved to get me nowhere at the moment, as the license types are in fact correct. Is there anything else that anyone knows to check into? Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Brandon
  • David Gugick
    what version of the agent are you currently running? And is this for standalone or managed backup?
  • Brandon B
    Hello, thanks for the quick reply. Bear with me here as I have never actually had to manage or modify anything regarding backups, I just got assigned the help desk tickets regarding checking backups :P.

From what I can see from the computers: RMM part of the web based console, it looks like the version appears to be 7.7.0.107 . Also, I believe this is for managed backups, as the client themselves don't handle any of the setup etc. Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    let me move the post to the managed backup section. And then I'll reply again from there.
  • David Gugick
    I would encourage you to upgrade to the latest version. I suspect that will address your issue. If you're new to managing the product and are not sure how to do that, please let me know.
  • Brandon B
    Just out of sheer curiosity. What do you think would cause that? That is to say, newest version versus the version we currently use. Is it that far out of date? What is the current version running?

thanks,

Brandon
  • David Gugick
    there was a fix in the latest version for a licensing issue. Could very well be related to the issue you're seeing. Please download the latest build, put it in the sandbox, and test it on a machine that's currently having the issue to see if it's addressed. Thanks.
  • Brandon B
    Thank you so much. I will let the team know regarding this information and see what they say. Appreciate that information!
  • Brandon B

The update worked! Really appreciate the help.
  • David Gugick
    Glad I could help. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • Brandon B
    No need to apologize, just happy that our clients data will be backing up appropriately now. Not that they would lose current backups, but some had several gigs of things needed to be updated so....it would be a shame to lose that if they had a system needing the most recent backups. Still, we updated and pushed things through so no longer have issues. I guess in the future when i'm assigned tickets for checking backups etc, i'll be keeping an eye on those updates as well. Sometimes a fix to a bigger problem lies within a simple and overlooked solution.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment