• Pete Palmer
    I have used the freeware version of the software for at least a year but not frequently. I tried starting it tonight and see an electrical plug image with a red line through it saying Disconnected with a Reconnect button beside it. The software does not reconnect and the Disconnected message remains. I am using version 3.1.0.21 and tried running a software update which fails and gives the message: "There was an error deserializing the object of type CloudBerryLab.Base". The error message may be longer than this but the right border of the Check for Updates window cannot be extended to see any more. I cannot find this issue mentioned in the forum and am hoping you can provide some help. Thank you.
  • David Gugick
    There was a DNS issue on one of our servers that the hosting provider is correcting. From what I was told by engineering, the problem was already addressed by the hosting provider, but the DNS entries need to do the typical internet migration. That should be complete by tomorrow. We apologize for the issue with Connect.
  • Pete Palmer
    Thank you. I will try again tomorrow.
  • Guy Bustillos

I am having the exact same problem with MSP360 Connect PRO
  • Yen
    Couldn't connect yesterday, and the problem persists this morning.
  • Yen
    Still down. Thanks
  • David Gugick
    Yes it's still down. I don't have an update but I'm hoping by tomorrow the DNS entries will be properly migrated across the internet and things will be back to normal.
  • Quennie Cabaluna
    Hi, when will the system be okay? I used it for work and right now it is still down. Is there any chance it may expedite? Hoping for an update as soon as possible. Thank you.
  • Yen
    Hi David, thanks for the reply. the remote computer shows it's connected, but I'm in Nevada and my computer is still disconnected. can't connect
  • ByInspection
    Any Update on this? I am having the same issue.
  • Trudy
    Same problem for 2 days. With the Pro version. Please fix this !!!!!
  • Chris Burke
    We still have this problem with our machines with the Pro version. Can you post the url and ip address info so that we can implement a workaround with Route53 or host files in the meantime?
  • MikeMc
    I'm now on day 4 of having this problem. The response from the help desk is that this issue has been lowered from priority 1 to priority 3. Is there any workaround ?
  • Roger B
    Same issue here now.
  • Kyriacos Demetriou
    We have been having the same problem. Can MSP provide an update or temporary workaround?
  • Chris Burke
    I think handling our DNS as a workaround would be applicable for the time being here. But, would need the destination information if you can provide. Is that a possibility?
  • Chris Burke
    For anyone reading this, I see the activation is trying to hit foris.cloudberrylab.com . It's incredibly disheartening to see the response is a webpage saying the domain is for sale. It seems that they're finally trying to sunset references to Cloudberry in preference to MSP360 and the forwarding at the DNS is incorrect. If we could get an answer as to what the actual destination is supposed to be, this could be solved right now with an entry into the local host file or and entry into Route53.

David, it's becoming obvious right now every user of the Cloudberry Drive product is down. Can you please provide us with some information (particularly pertaining to entries we can put into our DNS for forwarding) to use so we can create workarounds so that we can use the product?
  • Chris Burke
    So, looks like it might be the low road and the domain was allowed to expire. If it's helpful to others, I see the A record for cloudberrylab.com was changed around 9/24 to 91.195.240.13, which would correspond with the expiration of the domain registration in whois. Before that, the A record history has it pointing to 50.19.243.6 and was there for several years until the expiration. So, the A change was likely the registrar updating it to the current "For Sale" location. I'm starting to mess with host entries and Route53 to point all requests to that ip (hoping it's not toast too). Hope this helps someone.
  • Roger B
    David
    Is there any timeline on when this issue will be resolved?
  • David Gugick
    It's not related to that. Once the DNS entries weren't properly resolving, these types of for sale pages show up. You can look up or whois on the domain to see that we own it. I'm still working on a resolution that I can post publicly. Stay tuned...
  • Chris Burke
    Do you have an ETA? I have several users that are dead in the water.
  • David Gugick
    I don't have any more information at this time. I've reached out again to the engineering team to see if they can get some additional information. It's frustrating for our customers and for us internally who are having to deal with this. My understanding is the DNS is corrected but the information is migrating and we just don't know when that's going to be complete yet. Again I'll report back once I know more. I am actively checking.
  • Chris Burke
    I definitely understand the migration issues, but a workaround that can be used right now is in understanding what's been updated for the A record. That would be a viable short term option until the DNS propagates. I'm playing around with my host file, using the historical A record entries and able to get further down the path in that I'm no longer getting the for sale page, but now getting to a 403 when it gets to the cloudberrylab.com portion of the activation (specifically, http://www.cloudberrylab.com/payment/ActivateLicense). Below are the host file entries I'm using. Are there newer ip addresses that could be used in order to complete this workaround?

50.19.243.6 cloudberrylab.com
    52.70.87.11 foris.cloudberrylab.com
  • Yen
    Still down, any updates?
  • MikeMc
    Is this only a problem on the PRO license versions? we have a non-pro workstation that says it's connected (but we can't connect to it since the other clients have Pro on them)
  • Roger B
    David

Do you have any updates to share to us all when this will be back up and running??
  • Roger B
    Are you any closer to getting this resolved? Can we please get some indication on when this will be working.
  • Chris Burke
    It's been 3 days since this thread was started. Can we please get an update of some substance?
  • Yen
    Has anyone been able to connect yet?
  • Trudy
    Still not working!!! How long will it take to get it back to normal? I can understand when work needs to be done from time to time. but this is not normal anymore. I urgently need to work remotely.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment