• Ben
    Hi all, I have about 1.5tb of family photos and video I'm backing up to BackBlaze B2 buckets. In recent days, I wanted to test out some recovery procedures to be prepared for a future server failure. For testing, I just installed CloudBerry on a windows sandbox, selected Restore Only mode, and went through the storage account addition, and created a 1 time restore plan.

The Problem: When I get to the Restore Point page, it's able to see the Latest and last few restore points. However, If I select anything and click next, it seems to re-build a list of things to restore. This however seems to take many hours, and after about 3 hours I stopped it because I had only progressed ~ 4%, and my BackBlaze transactions was starting to creep and potentially become a cost issue.

My questions are:
    1. Is there a way to speed up the restore process?
    2. Are there setup options I should be thinking about to minimize my cloud cost?

Here is a snapshot of my backup plan settings:

6icccjhr8zv19vrj.png

The current total size of the backups are 1.7TB on my local storage, but about 3TB on the cloud storage. The total number of files are about 180,000 files, 5,000 folders.

Some brainstorming ideas/questions:
    1. Increase meta data / caching to reducing the trips to Backblaze?
    2. Backup / copy snapshots into my backup so it could use that?
    3. Is there a better cloud option with more features that CloudBerry can leverage?

Thanks for reading!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet