• Dawn
    I'm a previous TeamViewer user and was looking for an alternative since they seem to think I'm a commercial user (I'm not). I have 2 needs for this software.
    I need to set it up so I can help my mom (Win 10 to Win 10). Once I'm set up, do I just email her a link to install so I can access her laptop?
    and
    I want to set up my desktop so when I'm on the road, I can remote access it from my laptop. I want it set up so it's easy to access even if my computer were to reboot from say an update.

Is it possible to set up my desktop so it's both the source and target. Is this possible?

Secondly, I don't currently have a Windows password set up on my desktop - it looks like I should add one before beginning or am I reading this wrong...

Thanks for your assistance. I look forward to trying this software and saying goodbye forever to TeamViewer.
  • Matt
    You can generate a link a provide it to a person you're connecting to via any means, that will install the software automatically and launch the remote session.

As for the second point you mentioned:
    You can setup unattended access which requires Windows password, so you're correct here. The procedure can be done in both ways.
  • Dawn
    Great, thanks. One more question... Do I have to send a link every time my mom wants help or one it's installed, can I just connect somehow?
  • Dawn
    Thanks all... I can't wait to get this up and running so I don't have to get phone calls like: "This thing isn't working right, all my icons are gone..." Moms... gotta love them! Thanks again for your help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment