• mrboring
    Hi

Since 25-March-2020 I've been receiving the following in the email summary for a backup:

ERROR: Folders skipped by specified exclusions (packages;.paket ...): 139 System and hidden files skipped: 900

The summary also states:

Files failed to backup: 0

Looks like this is after I updated from v6.2.6.3 to v6.3.0.274. The Skip folders setting contains:

packages; .paket; bin; obj

I don't recall setting this.

It looks like my backups are successful. Why are excluded folders marked as an error, should this not be information?
  • mrboring
    On reflection, I believe I set the Skip Folders setting, but would still like to know why skipped folders are marked as an error.
  • David Gugick
    That issue should have been addressed in 6.3.1. Please check your version and update if possible.
  • mrboring
    When I click Check for Updates it tells me I'm on the latest version. Also, the version available for download from the site is the one I have. I'll keep checking daily until the update appears.
  • Jose
    I have the same problem...and my latest version is (6.3.0.275)
  • David Gugick
    The issue has been addressed internally and will be out in the next release 6.3.1. I don't have a release date yet, but it's the next update. The message, while confusing, is benign and can be ignored.
  • Wayne Mealhouse
    Having same issue for multiple backup clients - I can only see the following version (6.3.0.275).
  • BCollins
    Any update on this? I have multiple clients with multiple devices showing 'failure'. I understand they are false alerts but this data is used to generate reports and tickets etc....is there and ETA for a fix or next update?
  • David Gugick
    I'll ask the team and report back shortly.
  • David Gugick
    The tentative plan for 6.3.1 is around May 20th. It's currently undergoing QA testing.
  • BCollins
    Hello...any update on the release? Thank you.
  • David Gugick
    The team is still working on the final list of items & QA for the release. The new estimate is in the next 14 days. If I get a more defined estimate, I'll post it here. Thanks.
  • Mike Whipps
    I just updated to 6.3.1.228 and I'm seeing this:

Dear customer,
    your backup plan Kamar Backup completed, please see below for more details.

Error
    Files and folders were skipped: 42 (code: 1603)

I checked the log - it's correctly skipping specified folders, system and hidden files, so no error.

I ran the job again - same result.

I see from the discussion above that this should have been fixed in v6.3.1, but as you see - it's still there!
  • David Gugick
    I reached out to the team to see what might be the issue. I'll report here when I hear back from them. Thanks.
  • Paden
    I can also confirm that version 6.3.1.228 shows these skipped files as errors, Thank you for looking into it! Glad to hear we can at least ignore the message for now
  • Kenneth Kiilu
    I can confirm that version 6.3.1.229, still shows these skipped files as errors. Kindly expedite
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment