• Tom's Help Desk
    I just had half a dozen server backups fail due to this error. Anybody know what could have caused this? All servers are in different geographical locations running different versions of Windows Server OS.
  • Ted Kopylovskiy
    Hello!

Most likely, the issue comes from BackBlaze (we have heard several complaints recently). For now, it should already be fixed.

If it isn't, you can add that certificate to the ignored list by going to the Online Backup -> Blue button -> Online Backup Account -> Advanced settings and the certificate question should pop up.

If you do not want to ignore certificate, please contact BackBlaze regarding this issue - they should resolve it.
  • Tom's Help Desk
    Sounds good, I'll update this post tomorrow following the next backups.
  • Ryan Hedlof
    Tom,

You may be in the same boat as us. I've been back and forth with Cloudberry support for month's regarding a similar if not same issue. We too use BackBlaze and the first thing I did was confirm the problem was not on their end. I just put up a new discussion regarding the problem that I'm aware of which actually stems from TLS.
    Per my post quoted below, disablement of TLS 1.0 will cause a SSL/TLS communications errors.

"Has anyone else noticed that TLS 1.0 is still required to use Cloudberry products? Back in March of 2017 with release 5.5 Cloudberry stated that they supported TLS 1.2 but they seem to have overlooked that TLS 1.0 is still a necessary component to use the software. We are business that uses Cloudberry for our backups and we focus heavily on security. Per the PCI DSS requirements of disabling insecure protocols such as TLS 1.0 by June 30, 2018 we disabled it on our servers (SCHANNEL) and Cloudberry ceased to function. It's been brought to their attention and they're working on fixing this mishap. I was told that it would be fixed with release 5.9.1 end of June/early July but now it seems they pushed it back to release 5.9.5 in August!"
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment