• Objectivité
    Major Flaw with Encryption in CloudBerry Explorer for Amazon S3 Pro
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a major flaw with CloudBerry Explorer for Amazon S3 PRO in the handling of Encryption password for CloudBerry Backup compatibility.

I want to manage different S3 backup buckets for different clients, all with their own different passwords yet, CloudBerry Explorer which has a multi-tabs facility only has ONE password box for Encryption. That's a major flaw. It is obvious that such a product will be used with multiple Amazono S3 / Wasabi accounts, so the ability to set an encryption password should be AT TAB LEVEL not at system level.

The current implementation is useless because once you set up a password it works for the tab which opens on the S3 account / bucket for which that password is valid, but you can't open any files on any of the other tabs that you have open on different buckets where they all have completely different passwords - I find myself having to use another publisher's browser instead for each account.

This needs to be improved Please ?

Multi-tabs features absolutely must mean encryption password either on a TAB basis, or better, on a bucket basis.
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

I want to manage different S3 backup buckets for different clients, all with their own different passwords yet, CloudBerry Explorer which has a multi-tabs facility only has ONE password box for Encryption. That's a major flaw. It is obvious that such a product will be used with multiple Amazono S3 / Wasabi accounts, so the ability to set an encryption password should be AT TAB LEVEL not at system level.Objectivité

Let me start by mentioning that this is not a security flaw, it is a missing feature at max.

The current implementation is useless because once you set up a password it works for the tab which opens on the S3 account / bucket for which that password is valid, but you can't open any files on any of the other tabs that you have open on different buckets where they all have completely different passwords - I find myself having to use another publisher's browser instead for each account.Objectivité

We are really grateful to you for noticing it and bringing it up, we are always open for constructive criticism. Thank you for such a detailed description of your use case, we will definitely bring it up to our R&D team to re-consider the implementation of this feature.

This needs to be improved Please ?

Multi-tabs features absolutely must mean encryption password either on a TAB basis, or better, on a bucket basis.
    Objectivité

Of course, I can promise you that it will be discussed internally and added to the development roadmap.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment