• Rick Brown
    Suddenly getting the following message when trying to connect to my work computer remotely:
    "Service key request failed, unable to connect, another connection is established."
    Had someone check the work computer, it's running and I have the correct computer ID and unattended access is on. Can't find anything about "service key".
  • David Gugick
    It's not clear without a more detailed analysis of what's going on with the remote PC. Some users had indicated in the past that having FastStart enabled caused the issues for them and disabling it fixed the issue. You can read more about how to disable FastStart here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Other had corrected the issue by restarting the Remote Assistant Service on the remote system. But usually this was only a temporary fix.

There was also a fix for a similar issue in 2.3.1 (and another in the 2.3 release), so make sure you are using the latest version.

You may want to open a support case from the menu - Diagnostic option on the remote system where you are unable to connect.
  • Rick Brown
    Thanks for the response, David. There won't be anyone at the office to check that computer until later today. The remote PC is on 24/7 and not restarted very often, it's been at least a month or more. And I've been connecting daily with no issues until now. I have updated my home PC to 2.3.1.5, but not the remote PC in the office, don't know if that would make any difference, but this issue started last Thursday and I updated MSP360 on this computer over the weekend to see if it would help. The office PC version is whatever it was when first installed several months ago.

I'll respond later today after someone is in the office.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment