• Pitfield
    I’m terminating my trial.

CloudBerry on Mac STILL has the issue reported 3+ years ago and promised as a fix many times - it encrypts the file contents, but not the metadata - so as am example I can go onto BackBlaze B2, browse my CloudBerry backup and see files called “bitcoin.wallet”, “bank details.txt”. These are made up names obviously, but they illustrate that it’s not full encryption as most people understand it.

In comparison, doing the same with backups from Duplicacy, Duplicati, Arq, QBackup - and in fact every other backup system I tested that supports encryption - this is not the case, I seem random directory and file names.

So - game over. Again.

Oh and performance is strangely awful as well: been doing a trial across all the usual backup candidates (QBackup, CloudBerry, Arq, Duplicacy, Duplicati etc): had to abandon the CBB backup to BackBlaze B2 after 9 hours as had only reach 50% completion - in comparison QBackup and Duplicati did this in 50 mins.
  • Anton Zorin
    Sorry to hear that!
    Currently, the team is focused on 2 major features: Image-Based backup for Linux and the new backup format that will change the way how we store data on the destination. And that will eliminate the need to encrypt the metadata, as on the destination storage it will be stored in a proprietary format and no filenames will be exposed.
    Do you connect B2 via B2 connector or S3-compatible?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment