• Niklas Stenström
    Hi - I have today received a message from requesting me to do a required update of MSP360 Remote Desktop to version 2.4 and above. Otherwise service will discontinue on Aug 15th.
    If there were any concerns I was requested to contact you.
    This is it.

I believe I cannot use any version later than 2.2.051 since unattended access using the same session does not work in later versions.
    I have described this failure/flaw in a thread earlier in your forum.
    https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/1589/after-update-mycomputer-is-already-working-on-remote-computer

To my knowledge this has not been adressed and unattended access is basically not possible as the remote computer need to provide a pin or confirm an incoming request.

How can I use MSP RA/RD to connect to a remote party as a true unattended service?
    Please advise.

BR /Niklas
  • Niklas Stenström
    Hi, tonight I realised that the old version, the only that really works for me, has been blocked although my earlier request to be advised how I can use the new version for the usecase that I have.
    I also filed a supportcase and the topic was to continue there. That, sadly, never happened. I really love MSP RA/RD but unfortunately the later versions did upgrades such that it is not possible to connect to a remote party as a true unattended service.
    I must admit that after rolling back to 2.2.051 I have not tried later updates as this early version adressed all my needs but the later did not.
    I will of course try the new version now and I both hope and wish the flaw that I have described is adressed.

Keep up the good work!

BR
    /Niklas
  • Niklas Stenström
    And coming back after installing and testing the update on my win7 and win10 computers.

WORKS GREAT!!! (join an existing session.)
    THANKS A MILLION!!!

Also acknowledge the improved file transfer. Now the transfer direction is superclear and no more upload/download uncertainties.

Again thanks!

/Niklas
  • Niklas Stenström
    Only thing I saw was that, for one computer, the Encryption key was not stored.
    I had to enter it every time I connected to the computer.
    On the connection screen I notice that there are a an open keylock and a non-existing "adressbook" icon close to the Computer ID.
    Other computers where stored.
    I will try add them manually using the "adressbook" where I saw that details can be filled in.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment