• Sam Sexton
    I installed 2.5 two days ago, but today received a message saying I hadn't activated it yet and was directed to https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-activate-msp360-remote-desktop/ . I didn't recall being given an activation code, but uninstalled and reinstalled. No code was provided during the installation, as indicated by that web page. All looks well and the About details show it's registered to me.

I suspect that the message may be intended for my sister, for whom I provide support. She said she ended the update session after being asked for a code, which she didn't have, but as I wasn't given one when when I reinstalled, would she be shown one if she did the same? She's really not technical, which is why I have this app, so any simple instructions on what she should do would be appreciated!
  • David Gugick
    The activation code is on the download page. Download again and look for it on that page.
  • Sam Sexton
    Thanks, David, but I just went to https://www.msp360.com/download.aspx/?prod=cbra and downloaded the file again - but no sign of a code?!
  • David Gugick
    It's on that page after you click Download (behind the Windows Save As dialog). Can you check again - I just verified and can see one.It's under the section Freeware Activation. If you are not seeing it, then I need to know what browser and OS you are using.
  • Sam Sexton
    Thanks again, David, but I don't get a Save as ... dialogue. The file is downloaded to my Downloads folder automatically. This is Windows 10 with Chrome. I have tried since with Edge, Vivaldi and Firefox - and eventually saw the Freeware activation panel you mention, which didn't appear in Chrome (only Try again and Have Issues). I copied the code, but I didn't get asked for it, probably as I'm already registered. However, I know how to sort out the issue for my sister, but having the code come up behind the dialogue box isn't the most user-friendly method IMHO!
  • David Gugick
    I have no idea why your browser is automatically downloading anything. That sounds like a problem in of itself. I use Chrome.
  • Sam Sexton
    Chrome can be configured (in Settings/Advanced) to download to a fixed folder, which is what I do - relying on the user not doing that is a tad risky! ;-)
  • Sam Sexton
    Hi again, David - I just found out that of the several downloaded files, some have the code in the filename, but others (from Chrome) don't. Maybe the instructions could refer to that? Not sure how the distinction is made, though!

Sam
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet