• Dustin
    I'm getting that error 1020 saying that my connection is not available but I can't figure out why. I'm remotely connected to the server that I'm backing up the whole time, watching the backup when the error occurs so I know that my connection is good. Its backing up to Backblaze B2. I have two backups going to the same B2 bucket and only one is having this issue and the one that fails now hits this error every time about 50% into its backup.
  • David Gugick
    Can you verify your version?
  • Dustin
    Here is a copy of the error that just popped up. I hadn't noticed the error 1003 before now.

your backup plan Backup Image Based / System State on 5/22/2021 12:23:23 PM COMPLETED WITH WARNINGS, please see below for more details.
    ERROR
    • Internet connection is not available (code: 1020)
    There were problems with the Internet connection during the plan execution
    • An error occurred (code: 1003)
    The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
  • David Gugick
    I recommend you open a support case using the tools diagnostic toolbar option. I'll put a note in the system that you're sending in the logs as the team would like to review. Please put a note when you submit the logs that I requested you send them in. Thanks.
  • Dustin
    Submitted a ticket through the diagnostics. I bumped up my logging level to high and will run another backup and submit another ticket with that better logging.
  • Damo
    Guys, I just had this, many times on one of our servers to BackBlaze. I found changing settings in options -> connection seemed to have worked.

I changed number of attempts to 10
    Time between retry to 4000.
  • Damo
    ok ignore me. It started happening on another server and making these changes didn't help. So I also have this issue.
  • Lucas Azevedo
    Hi, we just purchased CloudBerry Ultimate and I am also experiencing this issue while remotely connected to the server: "Internet connection is not available (Code: 1020)" / "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel".
    tuhryixzjomxg0x1.png

I don't really think this is an SSL/TLS issue, as the plan fails after successfully uploading a few archive.xxxxxx.cbl that are around 4GB of data in total, on each run. So now I have 16GB of data on my bucket after 4 attemps:
    3ihib133z6mapmh1.png

And here is the contents of the last backup, which shows the started large file where the upload failed:
    j3wy0asozbs9vyy4.png

CloudBerry Ultimate version 7.2.1.53.
    Server OS: Windows Server 2012 R2.
    Cloud provider: Backblaze B2.

Logs sent via app, case #00114841.
  • Steve Putnam
    We got this error with BackBlaze B2 as well. Support has a fix that disables two problem weak Ciphers. After executing the fix below, we have uploaded over 4TB’s with no failures.
    Please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot this issue:
    1) Download Nartac IIS Crypto tool:

https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto

2) Go to Cipher Suites and turn off these 2 cipher suites:
    TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
    TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
    then click “Apply” button at the bottom ( you may have to move the window around to see it).
    3) Reboot the server. Please note that reboot is mandatory for the changes to take effect, make sure you reboot the server before trying to run the backup again.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment