• Mike S
    I created a storage account for a network drive and entered the proper credentials. I pushed this out via Remote Deploy and when running the backup, it says:

Network resource cannot be accessed (code: 1514)
    Credentials for the following network resource(s) are not specified: \\synology\Data\

I verified the login and password from the storage accounts page under change credentials but it still fails.
  • David Gugick
    Can you verify if the credentials were properly migrated to the agent by opening up the agent and looking at the storage accounts and checking the credentials there?
  • Mike S

I think I configured it wrong, although I'm not sure if its possible to configure the way I was looking for. I need the \\synology\Data directory to backup to the Cloud and hopefully be able to send those credentials via remote deploy. Can I do that? Or do I need to map the drive via CMD to the computers I want the backup run on and then it'll work since it'll have credentials?
  • David Gugick
    You want to create a network share on the Synology device and ensure the computer running backup has access to that share. If it's more than one computer, then they should all have access. If the access requires credentials, then they need to be entered. The account doing the connecting is the account you are using for the backup service on those machines in question. You do not want to map drives as they are specific to the user creating them and likely will not be accessible to the service account. You should be able to enter credentials from remote deploy. But I wanted you to check the agent where it was deployed to make sure those credentials were properly transmitted with remote deploy.
  • Mike S

Well I realize that the Storage Account I made for the network share is practically useless because I need that directory backed up to the cloud and not to the network share. Therefore, there is no place to enter credentials for that network share via MSPBackups since my destination is my cloud bucket. Sorry if that sounds unclear. So to get this done, I just need to enter the credentials for that network share location on the machine itself and I can not do that through MSPBackups correct?

What I did as a temporary solution was enter CMD via the "nt authority/system" account through my RMM and ran a simple "net use" to the network share, inputted the credentials, and now the backup is running. (i'm sure that is not the best/correct way to do it but it works)
  • David Gugick
    I think you have it right. If you're not backing up to the NAS, and instead want to back up files on then as from say a Windows computer, then that computer should have access to the network share on the NAS. These easiest way to do that is with Windows security and the network share utilities on your Synology NAS. NET USE is not the best way to do it and you may run into issues where you lose access.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment