• number02
    Legacy format. Advanced mode. It says that "you can't access your backed up files with any file manager"(screenshot_43). But I can definitely do it through the standard Windows File Explorer. Am I missing something?
    Attachment
    Screenshot_43 (101K)
  • number02
    upd:

This is actually very good. Because I want to have a forever incremental backup with file versions and the ability to access backed-up files with windows file explorer. I'm just worried that it's working not as it intended.
  • David Gugick
    There's a difference between Accessing Files through a File Manager (literally) and the Accessing Files through a File Manager (in the way we mean it). Yes, you can access files, but you cannot do anything with the files using advanced mode backup, short of seeing them and maybe deleting them. So, I would argue that for most use cases, accessing the backups files via a file manager will not provide any advantage to you.

What we mean, is that if you want to be able to replicate files and access them directly using a file manager (local or cloud) and leave them in their native format, then you need to use simple mode.

Advanced Mode changes the format of the file as it's processed, and adds compression and encryption. You would then need to use our product to restore. Simple Mode does not provide true backup. It's really simple replication of files without version based retention, compression, and encryption.
  • number02
    Well. I mean, I can do what I want with those files, they are in native format. There are also different versions of these files. I hope that my screenshot will be informative.
    Attachment
    Screenshot_48 (101K)
  • David Gugick
    They are only in native format because you are not compressing or encrypting or using block-level backups. There is no guarantee that in every case you will be able to do what you want in Advanced Mode. So, I would be cautious if you continue to use Advanced Mode in that way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment