• MerleOne
    Hi,
    Since recently, when I try to update CBB from within the application, I get an error message saying :
    There was an error deserializing the object of type CloudBerryLab.Base.WebService.ProductInformation. Encountered unexpected character '<'.
    I run version 7.7.1.41
    Worse : if I "force" the update by downloading the latest version, on another computer where a version 7.5 is running, I lose all backup plans & the license !
    Is this a known issue ?
    Sincerely,
    Merle1

• David GugickAccepted Answer
    This may be related to the cloudberrylab.com domain issues. The DNS issue should be resolved by tomorrow. If the problem of missing plans still persists, then you'll need toreply here or open a support case. That is not intended behavior.
  • MerleOne
    Thanks, I'll wait some more days... BTW, just a suggestion, when the update is launched from the app, would it be possible to keep the installer, so one can revert to this version. I was able to solve the backup plan & license disappearance by simply installing over the previously used version.
  • David Gugick
    I can ask the team as a feature request, but you can always download the latest build from the web site here: https://www.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/download
  • MerleOne
    Hi,
    Yes, thanks, the trick is that the average user (me, myself & I) tends to click update and forget afterwards to download the same installer...
  • MerleOne
    Hi again,
    This time the update from Help/Check for Update did work on my other PC, license & backup plans have been preserved ! Seems that launching the main installer (downloaded from the Website) and using "Autoupdate" yield to different results. Anyway, everything seems back to normal now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment