• HCUIT
    After several months of successful backups, some of our daily backups are beginning to fail with the error "Requested Object Does Not Exist".
    Is this because a source file or folder has been renamed, moved, or deleted? If so, how can I determine which is the offending file(s) or folder(s)?
    How can I prevent the error from occurring in the future?
    Thanks,
  • HCUIT
    RestorePoints: ProcessedCount: 0, MissedCount: 0, ExtraCount: 0
    Files: ProcessedCount: 0, MissedCount: 0, ExtraCount: 0
    2023-01-09 22:00:03,180 [SERV] [1] NOTICE - Performing Full backup. Reason: Force
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,081 [PL] [1] WARN - Mapped path was not found: \\HCU-DC01\HCUdata\Appraisals & Real Estate
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,086 [Base] [1] WARN - Win32 code: 2 (0x2) The system cannot find the file specified.
    , path:F:\Appraisals & Real Estate
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,089 [PL] [1] ERROR - File not found
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Could not find file 'F:\Appraisals & Real Estate'.
    at anz.A(Int32 , String )
    at aNK.G()
    at acH.KF(String , String , Boolean )

2023-01-09 22:00:04,090 [PL] [1] WARN - Path was not found: F:\Appraisals & Real Estate
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,111 [PL] [1] WARN - No access to 0 files / folders; Code - 1601
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,116 [PL] [1] WARN - Mapped path was not found: \\HCU-DC01\HCUdata\Ashley
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,117 [Base] [1] WARN - Win32 code: 2 (0x2) The system cannot find the file specified.
    , path:F:\Ashley
    2023-01-09 22:00:04,117 [PL] [1] ERROR - File not found
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Could not find file 'F:\Ashley'.
    at anz.A(Int32 , String )
    at aNK.G()
    at acH.KF(String , String , Boolean )

The paths that are specified in the log are valid - i can see and open them in the wizard. But when i exclude them from the backup everything runs fine. Is it possible that something with their mapping, or sub-folders changed since the last full backup?
    I have been doing Recurring (Incremental) backups - one for each day of the week, plus a weekly backup . Should i do a "Full Backup" instead as these are network folders and subfolders may be added and deleted?
  • Alexander Negrash
    So looks like this path can not be accessed \\HCU-DC01\HCUdata\Appraisals & Real Estate. Can you send the whole log file in a PM? There is a block with an error description at the end that can help to diagnose.
  • HCUIT
    "Can you send the whole log file in a PM?"
    i can only drop files here - i don't have permissions to drop in to your account
  • HCUIT
    Alexander;
    I think my problems might be a commination of corrupted file on the backup media and the fact that the source files were tied to a mapped drive rather than to the domain\folder reference. I ran yesterdays backup using a full backup and domain\folder source and the backup was successful.

Do you recommend doing a "Full Backup" every time since network folders and subfolders may change from one week to the next?
  • Alexander Negrash
    I would recommend doing full regularly, yes. The most common frequency among our customers is once per week or once per month. Also what important to understand here is that depending on your retention settings multiple full backups may take quite some space on your storage, so plan your schedule and retention accordingly. Choose a reasonable retention period not to keep more data than you actually need. If you need longer retention for your full backups (months or years) consider using GFS settings for monthly backups.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment