• BlueCar5280
    Hello,

In the MSP360 Web Portal, I had previously been switching to the old or legacy UI upon loggin in. However, it seems this is no longer an option, and the new UI is mandatory. When checking on backups, in computer/remote management, it seems a bit unobvious to me if a computer gets a message alongside a Success result. In order to see a message of a successful backup, you have to click the View Details dropdown, and then navigate through some additional info (like regular backup procedures), and then you can determine whether or not the Successful backup was accompanied by a message of some type (E.G. System/hidden files and folders skipped: 84). To me, this just seems a bit more complex and time consuming then the old UI was (if I recall correctly, the old UI would only display a dropdown if the backup was accompanied by a message. But in the new UI, a dropdown is displayed regardless). So my question is, is there a more efficient way to accomplish my goal here, and checking the backup status, and whether or not got any message, with this new UI?

Thank you.
  • Alexander Negrash

In the MSP360 Web Portal, I had previously been switching to the old or legacy UI upon loggin in. However, it seems this is no longer an option, and the new UI is mandatory.BlueCar5280

Legacy page is still available at https://mspbackups.com/AP/Computers.aspx

When checking on backups, in computer/remote management, it seems a bit unobvious to me if a computer gets a message alongside a Success result. In order to see a message of a successful backup, you have to click the View Details dropdown, and then navigate through some additional info (like regular backup procedures), and then you can determine whether or not the Successful backup was accompanied by a message of some type (E.G. System/hidden files and folders skipped: 84). To me, this just seems a bit more complex and time consuming then the old UI was (if I recall correctly, the old UI would only display a dropdown if the backup was accompanied by a message. But in the new UI, a dropdown is displayed regardless).BlueCar5280

We are currently working on the new backup plan snippet for the side panel. This snippet will clearly show the result of the backup plan and associated message and possible solutions in case of errors or warnings.

So my question is, is there a more efficient way to accomplish my goal here, and checking the backup status, and whether or not got any message, with this new UI?BlueCar5280
    To accomplish this task you can also use https://mspbackups.com/AP/BackupHistory
  • BlueCar5280
    Alexander Negrash

Thank you for the good info.

Will the Legacy UI remain, or is it planned to be retired at some point?
  • BlueCar5280
    Alexander Negrash

Also, does the newer UI have the feature of a backup progress percentage, like the Legacy UI did? If not, is there an effective way of calculating the remaining runtime of a backup in progress?
  • Alexander Negrash
    The new backup plan snippet will have progress %.
  • BlueCar5280
    Understood. Thank you.
  • BlueCar5280
    Will the Legacy UI remain, or is it planned to be retired at some point?
  • Alexander Negrash
    We will keep until everyone is satisfied with the new interface
  • BlueCar5280
    Ok. Thank you for the answers.
  • Steve Putnam
    So to add m two cents - the new Portal UI does NOT have all of the Legacy features that are vital for daily monitoring. Thank you for not deprecating it just yet
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment