• BackupFan
    Running a new format image backup to Wasabi on a computer that has been backing up this way for quite a while. Running version 7.7.1.40 of MSP360.

Reported Error:
    Computer failed the backup due to:
    The Computer clock is not synchronized (code: 3000)
    The computer clock is 0 d 0 h 19 min 48 sec slow

I logged on to the server. The clock appears to be correct within 1 minute of the correct date/time. Time zone is correct. Computer receives inputs from an ntp server.

Checked the Microsoft Server 2016 event logs. Found this recent entry:
    The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data from 10.0.0.1,0x8 (ntp.m|0x8|0.0.0.0:123->10.0.0.1:123).

Does anyone know why this error would have popped up?
  • Alexander Negrash
    This error is caused by the difference between local system time and backup storage time. The acceptable difference is up to 15 minutes, if I'm not mistaken (it depends on the storage provider). You can check if the system time on your computer matches the actual time in your time zone at https://greenwichmeantime.com/.

I'd reach out to Wasabi tech support if the time is accurate and you still have the problem.

Here is the link to the KB article
  • BackupFan
    Alexander Negrash,

Thanks. We will check with the cloud storage provider.
  • ek-dyoder
    I've been having the same problem recently. Many of the endpoints that have this error are on an Active Directory domain and receive their time from the DC. But even right after I get the error stating the time of off by over 2 hours, I connect to the endpoint and can confirm the time is under 5min skew of UTC. So I'm really confused by this. I contacted Wasabi and they said there's really nothing they can do, nor did they see any errors on my account that would help diagnose the problem.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Have you opened a support case already? Let me know the number, please.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment