• ieg
    It appears that the remote assistant logs out of the machine when the session ends. How can I keep that from happening? I don't see any settings to control that.
  • HarryB
    Hi ,

At the moment we close the session in case it was not active before our connection and leave it open in case it was. We will consider making this optional for future releases, but the current one seems to be the most secure and reasonable, that's why we designed it this way. Could you share your use case, please?
  • ieg
    I am working on programs running and then need to disconnect from the remote machine. I can't have the programs closed after I disconnect. I need to leave the machine the same way it was when I disconnected. This causes all kinds of issues.
  • Mark Peterson
    Please add the option to leave the profile logged on, or at the very least, only lock the remote computer instead of completely logging off! great software just need a little tweaking!
  • Jeremy
    I agree with what ieg said. This would be an extremely usable option. It would be great to be able to start a function or program and leave it running even after disconnecting. Appreciate your work on this software!
  • Matt

I've got good news for you, gentlemen: it'll soon be implemented in version 1.7.2(as of now, at least).

Here's a sneak peek
    n7pbbjltc3hj9g3q.png
  • Mark Peterson
    that sounds great Matt, how often are the updates? monthly?

thanks for the update
  • Matt
    There's no particular release date yet, but it'll be rolled out pretty soon.
  • Mark Peterson
    any way we could try out the beta build?
    gimme.png
  • Jeremy
    This is fantastic news!
  • Matt
    Currently this version is undergoing QA testing, so the build will only be made public when they allow that, sorry.
  • Matt
    Quick update: you should expect beta build from one of our guys soon.
  • Mark Peterson
    thats awesome, apprciate the assistance!
  • Mark Peterson
    Hey, havent received anything as of yet, do you need my email or anything?
  • Matt
    No, we already see your address, you'll be sent a message via email regarding that.
  • Mark Peterson
    Hello Matt, As of this morning i have not received anything about the beta
  • Mike D
    Hi Mark, I've sent the required beta to you on August 10th. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll resend it again now. Please confirm you receive it.
  • Mark Peterson
    not a problem, i got it this time, our company firewall may have blocked the first one!
  • Radek Dolezel
    Hello
    this is a feature which blocks our migration from TeamViewer. It was big surprise when I started remote connection to user's computer before this user came to work, I finished remote assistance and disconnected and the user called me immediately that his session was logged off and he lost some unsaved data.

If you need another beta tester to speed up the official release I am raising my hand as an another volunteer.
  • Gleb
    Hello , funny you should say that - here's what it looks like in the latest version that we released yesterday, it's on disconnecting from the remote machine for the first time (if Unattended Access is used, of course) - see the attached screenshot. Does this suffice?
    q1hzs5asdvti1zy4.png
  • Radek Dolezel
    Hi
    I was torturing "Check for updates" menu link for a couple of last days - except of today. Just after I created my comment I clicked "Check for updates" again and was surprised by a new release. And I thought - Damn, it was fast :)
  • Radek Dolezel
    From what I can see on your website it seems to me you released 1.7.2 12 minutes ago.
  • Gleb
    not really, it's release notes being late. But yeah, things are going very fast!
  • juaninacio
    Hi guys, I see these posts from last year but can't see such funcionality on version 2.2.0.50

Or perhaps the default on my PC was set to sign out? In that case, how can I change the default option if "don't ask again" was marked when selecting it for the first time?

Thanks!
  • Matt
    You need to be in remote session to adjust that in the menu.

The dialog appears automatically on disconnect from opened user session except these cases:
    — if the adjustment dialog was previously called during active connection - no matter if "don't show in future" option was set or not;
    — if "don't show in future" option was set during previous connections;
    — if the connection was terminated by host side or was caused by technical error on client side (network shut down, for example).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment