• Reddit User
    I'm testing a demo of Cloudberry Exchange. I performed an image based backup, and while trying to restore to EC2 instance, I received this error. Any idea what I need to do?
  • Denis Gorbachev
    Hi, This error is caused by the fact that destination isn't big enough to restore this image. In order to fix it, you will need to:

1) Perform the defragmentation on the initial server where you're running Image Based backup

2) Rerun the Image Based backup after defrag

3) Retry the restore after the defrag, it should work properly.
  • kuzkotopia
    Why can't the restoration process do the defragmentation itself? the software is basically creating a new partition layout, new MFT and new Filesystems...
    Doing the defragmentation on the original server is not possible when it's a recovery case and when resources are limited it can become life saving for this functionality to be working properly.

Anyhow, one can extend the question to : if there can be a problem with the minimum size requirement, why is not displayed properly in the creation of the plan instead of just the used space?

Cheers !
  • Andrey
    Hi!

Please increase destination disk, this should help.
    Seems there is minimum disk requirements calculation issue, we need to investigate.
    This is not frequent issue, send us logs please using Tools->Diagnostic from the product and add message with link to that thread.

Thanks
  • Result-it
    Same problem here "Attempting to Write Oversized MFT Record" tried to increase the volumes from the ec2 with more then 50% extra but still does't work after 4 attempts i give up.
    any solution for this problem ?
  • Denis Gorbachev

If that does not help, please send us a ticket.
  • Matt
    Apparently no tickets were created regarding that, so let us know if you require support assistance in that matter.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment