• Jon T
    Suddenly, a file backup job to Backblaze, which had been running successfully for years, starting failing this past week. The job seems to fail on two specific files (others backup OK), and retries over and over again before the job ultimately fails. This job normally only takes minutes, but the last time it ran it took just over 4 hours with all the retries before failing.

The full error message is: An error occurred (code: 1003) Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

When I observe the job running, it tries to upload these two files, it fails, waits 30 seconds and tries again. It's odd that the number of MB uploaded as displayed in the MSP360 client (7.9.3.140) varies up and down before each failure, as if the upload starts, gets to a certain point, then has to either restart or backtrack.

A Backblaze issue? An MSP360 issue? Where to I begin troubleshooting?

Jon T.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Hi Jon, to answer your question, we need to look into the logs and what's happening with files and network requests. Please DM me you email address and I will create an email thread for further investigation
  • Steve Putnam
    We experienced a rash of 1003 errors with Backblaze a few months back.
    I created a new account with an East coast Data Center and have not had the problem since.
  • evit
    I'm seeing the same error code 1003 since upgrading to 7.9.4.83 on W2K16/19 servers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment