• dbdata
    My need for CB is server/incremental to cloud, so this question isn't a deal breaker ... but just one of curiosity. I had CB make an image copy of my C: drive and then I set up a new machine identical specs and drive geometry and loaded the same version of Windows and then loaded another copy of CB

But the program won't restore my C drive to a C drive because the destination (just like the source) is a bootable partition.

So my question -- and it's just that, a question -- what is the purpose of an disk image backup if the disk image is not the restoreable? What is it's value -- that I cam clearly missing?
  • Matt
    In this case this functionality serves the purpose of restoring your data disks.
    To perform full system recovery you need to create bootable USB
  • dbdata
    OK - plan B -- I had done the image backup and today I created a bare metal USB drive, so I booted, created a restore plan and started the restore.

At some point the process stopped with the message "restart for failed files" and the additional data that the network resource was not available.

First, the message wasn't clear "restart what?" the PC, reboot the hard drive? Reboot the USB?
    I tried the former and it didn't boot, so i tried the latter were, it seems my only option was to start again.

OK that's fine, I started again - but the restore started from the beginning ...

So I have no idea what "start again for-failed-files" meant

What I supposed to have left the original boot and just tried to restart it?
  • Matt
    "start again for-failed-files" is a generic message that means some data was not restore. In case of file restore the software will retry restoring the files that are filed(well, that's self-explanatory), but for image-based restores the procedure will start from scratch.

Sending diagnostic logs(tools > diagnostic) from bootable USB to our support team should shed some light on why the operation failed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment