• Michael Wilken
    Hi All,

Testing of VM backups for MBS went great, took the plunge and bought the licenses. We have 1 vcenter server with 12 hosts, each host has 2 sockets. Didn't properly read how the licensing works, so ended up purchasing 12 VM Server licenses and also 12 VM Server Socket licenses.

Now the problem, as soon as the licenses were purchased the licenses were allocated against the backup server as 1 VM Server license and all 12 VM Server Socket licenses. All jobs started failing that we have insufficient socket licenses to backup the environment even though we still have 11 unused VM server licenses - anyone run into this before and know how to get the licenses correctly allocated?

Thanks
    Michael Wilken
  • Andy
    Michael, please reach out our support to make changes to your current licensing.
  • Michael Wilken

Hi Andy,

I did reach out to support, last night already, thus far outside of 2 fairly general responses I have had no luck with getting a resolution and have had no response to the ticket for the last 18 hours. Can you perhaps provide some guidance on what changes need to be made, I may just log a brand new case with the exact requirement and hopefully this will get resolved quicker?

Thank you,
    Kind regards
    Michael Wilken
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal