• Hector Restrepo
    I get a email with this warning. What is it?

Dear X,
    your backup plan Backup Image APP COMPLETED WITH WARNINGS, please see below for more details.

ERROR: Product total size limit (1,00 TB) is exceeded. You need to use Ultimate edition.
  • David Gugick
    What's the exact name and version of the product you are using?
  • Hector Restrepo
    Cloudberry Backup Windows Server 6.0.2.22
  • Andy
    1TB limit means that you can at any time have at most 1TB of data on the cloud account managed by CloudBerry Backup. E.g. you can upload 800 GB, then another 200GB, then delete 300GB but you can't exceed the limit of 1TB. Consider this way we are making our product affordable for users with lower storage requirements.
  • David Gugick
    As Andy stated, that version has a limit of 1 TB of storage. You can find the all the details of the versions here at the bottom of the page: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup/windows/server.aspx

If you cannot delete some storage to make room, or you are sure you're going to need to store more than 1 TB going forward, you can work with the sales team to upgrade to the Ultimate version which has no storage limits.
  • Hector Restrepo
    I dont understand. If my Cloud Storage has no limit why i cant manage more than 1TB on cloudbery? Is storage or upload limit?
  • David Gugick
    It's a limitation in that CloudBerry edition. Customers using stand-alone backup with larger backup needs must use Ultimate Edition.
  • Hector Restrepo
    The 1TB limit is per storage or per uploads?
  • Peter Bevington
    I'm in the same boat having been forced (as they remove my old license) to the same version with the same problem. I don't understand what and how much I backup has got to do with CB, this is a deal I made with my provider not CB. AND now your forcing end user to upgrade to your ultimate version just because of this fake limit you have imposed. Friggin terrible .
  • Matt
    The ticket is already in licensing department, as far as I'm aware. Yours is a pretty rare case, but the only option here is to continue communication with our licensing team.
  • John Threadgill
    Actually not that rare.

I'm in the same boat. I want to backup my home file & media server. It's about 3TB. I have some cloud storage (5TB) set up with iDrive. I want to use the Cloudberry Desktop client but am not able to because of this odd limit.

Currently using Crashplan but want to move away from it.
  • Yuri Alexandrov
    And add me to this list. I also don't understand this licensing policy and am outraged by it. In general, I don't remember ANY backup program that would limit the amount of user data.
    I have about 4TB of data (photos, videos - 4K video from new phones eats up space just insanely) and this limit still restricts me from actively using your backup. So now I'm looking towards ArqBackup (leaving CrashPlan after their latest innovations "90 days of storing deleted files").

And by the way, wasn't the limit higher before? As far as I remember, it seems that it was not 1TB, but 5TB?
  • David Gugick
    Can you let me know which license you own of CloudBerry Backup and where you are sending your backups (the cloud vendor and / or local)?
  • Yuri Alexandrov
    Desktop Edition, buy about 2 years ago and 1 year maintenance after, (email removed - public forum)

Backup want to do locally and to GoogleCloud. Your new storage format are very good! But I want also hybrid backup and retain policy like in previous format (ideal - like in CrashPlan - per file and like their version dialog)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment