• MQuinn
    Hi

Firstly, thanks for providing this software. I'm coming from Teamviewer and so far am very happy with this.

Problem I have though is I get no sound from the host PC. Everything appears to be set correctly so I don't know what to do. Any advice?
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

In this case we will need to see the Diagnostic Info from both of the machines in question, please navigate to the Main Menu - Diagnostic - Fill in the contact details and press Send. We will investigate the issue and get back with the answer to you.
  • MQuinn
    Thanks...I've sent them off
  • Dan D
    I have the same issue. I spoke to someone in Support and sent the logs today. However, I received a reply that the forum is the only way to get support for the free version.

I can send the logs again if someone will look at them. As above, my settings are fine and if I turn on the microphone my voice transfers from PC to PC. But music playing on the host doesn't reach the client.

Thanks
  • Matt
    Logs from RA are are sent directly to product management, if they are not specifically requested by me or Sergey our support team will have to send a reply regarding forum, since we support only commercial products via the ticket system.

For now, please re-send them and mentioned that they are for Matt. Also, don't forget to paste the link to this thread in the issue description.
  • Dan D
    Thank you for the reply and the suggestion. Although I can't control the AV on my work laptop (Symantec) I tried temporarily turning off McAfee firewall and AV on my host. In fact, I did that on 2 of my home computers to test in a controlled environment. No combination of host and client has fed the sound to the client. Any other ideas? Conference call?
  • Matt
    I'll need input from the devs on that. Will provide a reply soon on your case.
  • MQuinn
    i still don't get any sound from the remote computer. i sent the diagnostics some time ago and the response was that they couldn't see a problem. i thought the issue may have been one of the PCs but it has since been upgraded (i put in a new mobo, cpu and RAM) but still no sound.
    and the problem is not just one way. no matter which PC I am connecting to, neither one has sound (i only use RA on 2 PCs)
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

I'm currently looking into the progress with this issue and will post an update later next week. We have also modified a bit the sound protocols in the next upcoming version so this is also might be a solution.
  • MQuinn
    look forward to the next version
  • MQuinn
    so i've been playing with this on and off for a while but can't get it to work. i found that if i connect to the remote PC, turn it's mic on and play sound, i can hear it on the host PC. i believe the problem may well be me.
    could someone explain how it's supposed to work?
  • Sergey N
    Hello, we are currently looking into the implementation of this system and we have a similar feature-request assigned for the future versions of the software, we are planning on expanding the sound features in one of the next major releases. May I ask your use case, why do you need to hear the sound from the remote machine?
  • MQuinn
    i get a lot of voicemail messages and i use Remote Assistant all the time. it would be great if i could hear the voicemail while i'm logged in instead i have to log in to my VoIP provider website to hear them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment