• John Felstead
    Control Panel Banners
    When a remote session is in progress there are two "Control Panel" banners visible. A black banner across the top of the screen and a second banner towards the bottom right of the screen. Both appear to have the same functions Menu, Chat, Mute speaker, Mute Mic etc.
    Firstly having tow takes up screen real estate. Can the white banner be disabled?
    Secondly you can auto-hide the top banner and also re-position the white banner but the settings do not "Stick" between sessions. When you restart a new session the banners are back as before with auto-hide disabled. Is there a way of setting these as a default?
    Screen Resolution
    The next issue is relates to screen resolution. The windows 10 host PC is connected to an HD monitor so tries to revert to recommended 1920 x 1080 resolution. However I have changed this to 1600 x 900 which matches the native resolution of the laptop used to connect remotely.
    However in full screen mode on the laptop you still have to scroll to see the whole screen. This is resolved by selecting Scaled mode but then the desktop view does not fit the whole screen. Am I doing something wrong. I am trying in full screen mode to see the whole desktop of the remote PC without having to scroll.
    John
  • Sergey N
    Hello John,

Control Panel Banners
    When a remote session is in progress there are two "Control Panel" banners visible. A black banner across the top of the screen and a second banner towards the bottom right of the screen. Both appear to have the same functions Menu, Chat, Mute speaker, Mute Mic etc.
    Firstly having tow takes up screen real estate. Can the white banner be disabled?
    Secondly you can auto-hide the top banner and also re-position the white banner but the settings do not "Stick" between sessions. When you restart a new session the banners are back as before with auto-hide disabled. Is there a way of setting these as a default?
    John Felstead

I have created a corresponding feature-request for the settings to be global for those banners. So far there is no way to set default position or state of them.

Screen Resolution
    The next issue is relates to screen resolution. The windows 10 host PC is connected to an HD monitor so tries to revert to recommended 1920 x 1080 resolution. However I have changed this to 1600 x 900 which matches the native resolution of the laptop used to connect remotely.
    However in full screen mode on the laptop you still have to scroll to see the whole screen. This is resolved by selecting Scaled mode but then the desktop view does not fit the whole screen. Am I doing something wrong. I am trying in full screen mode to see the whole desktop of the remote PC without having to scroll.
    John Felstead

This is an interesting question indeed, we are currently working on changing the resolution calculation method and will test your case in our lab to see how it will act on our side. Thank you for pointing it out.
  • John Felstead
    Many thanks Sergey will await a new build.
    As an aside I know its difficult to run two development branches but is there any chance of having a basic remote desktop tool and a second with Session Recording and the Meeting functionality. Many users do not need all the bells and whistles just a basic reliable remote desktop tool. I will admit I have not updated to the latest 2.2 build because of this but accept that any fixes may be in this development branch unless you have a separate remote support application. John
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment