• clarke
    I currently use Google Coldline storage but wonder if I could have a split storage with Nearline & Coldline?

So that frequently updated is on Nearline & infrequent/archive is on Coldline?

File locations are not split between what's old or not, it would have to be date related.
  • David Gugick
    You can have a look at the Google docs on this to see if the available conditions would satisfy your needs. https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/lifecycle

But usually transitions between storage classes are age based. If you’re looking for something that can intelligently move data, you might have a look at Amazon AWS S3-Intelligent Tiering which can move objects between Standard and Infrequent Access. But Archive storage classes like Coldline and S3 Glacier are usually one way. Once you’re there, the only way to go is to a more restrictive archive storage class like Glacier Deep Archive.
  • clarke
    I mostly do Advanced backups, & if I were to follow through with the OLM, would the client be able to find those migrated files?
  • Matt
    Better to manage all transitions via tools > lifecycle policy menu in the backup software, otherwise the application wouldn't be aware of any movement between storage classes in the cloud.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment