• Claudia
    Is there somebody who knows how secure a Direct LAN connection is? For instance if there is a hacker on your internal network and he is sniffing while you are having a Direct LAN connection on port 5975 can he get interessting information out of the capture?
  • Anton Zorin
    Thank you for the question, !
    If the encryption is enabled then the data capture won't be of any value, because it won't be able to decrypt it.
    Also, let me add a bit of complexity here: even if there's no encryption used, since it's our proprietary format, it's not that easy to get anything data from that data stream capture.
    Thank you.
  • Claudia
    Thank you for your quick answer.
    When I enable encryption and I use Direct LAN to connect with a PC on the LAN network. I see the same traffic (TCP port 5975). I expected that the capture would give me TLSv1.2. Am I wrong in expecting TLSv1.2?
  • Ethan Sed

Thank you for the heads up!

We would like to elaborate that during the direct LAN connection between two Remote Assistant clients, certain communications are held with our central control server using the web-connection secured with TLS v.1.2 protocol, while the direct LAN communication between the RA clients themselves is obviously not using the web-connection and TLS, but is instead secured on the packet-level (data packets are encrypted with RSA algorithm).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment