• AlexSeidel
    Dear All,

having updated to v2.3.0.52 I experience a strange behaviour when trying to connect to unattended systems via public keys. When calling newly installed remote systems the public keys are not stored in the recent list. This has never been the case before. The list contains more than 5 items so it is not possible to save them in the address book, either. Each try to contact these new systems shows up an empty public key field again and again. Filling in the public key works.

But this makes the feature worthless when the input must be done again and again. The older systems in the list before the upgrade of the viewer to v2.3.0.52 can be contacted without entering the key again.

It seems that this is somehow caused by the limitation to 5 address entries. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thank you very much!

Best,
    Alex
  • Sergey N
    Hello Alex,

This is definitely a bug, I have reported it to our R&D and it will be reviewed and added on the development roadmap. Thank you for noticing it, I have a possible workaround to try, let me know if you are interested and I will send it to you directly.
  • AlexSeidel
    Hello Sergey,
    yes, I am interested, please send me the possible workaround, if it doesn't matter.
    Thank you very much.

Best, Alex
  • Radek Dolezel
    Oh, this is a disaster. May I ask for the workaround too? If it doesn't mean to stop to use encryption keys...
  • Sergey N
    workaround sent to both registered e-mails on the forum, may I ask did it help ?
  • Radek Dolezel
    Unfortunately no email received.
  • AlexSeidel
    Same here, also no e-mail...
  • Radek Dolezel
    Hello
    any way how to receive temporary workaround or (better) an updated official version? The restriction to 10 saved previous connections is, unfortunately, pretty annoying.

Regards

Radek
  • Sergey N
    Unfortunately the workaround proved to be ineffective due to the Address Book issue we found, we are currently working on it and will release a new version soon. As for the limitation of the contacts amount we prefer to limit the number of contacts you can save in the free version of the product, rather than limiting your connection time or anything else that might interfere in the working process.
  • Radek Dolezel
    I am confused now. You are talking about the free version of the product and its limitations. Your product webpage is saying it's absolutely free and I can't find any mention about paid version.

When will you announce two different versions?
  • Sergey N
    Hello Radek,

It is on our site as Managed Remote Assistant, and you can register here:

https://connect.mspbackups.com
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention