• Aanjaneya
    I am having some errors in the newly installed Cloudberry backup and access through web interface.

When I am click create new or edit existing buttons in backup plan section of web access I get following message at the top of the browser window:
    "accessing the service please wait"
    And then I am logged out immediately and then I have to log back in again. The edit button never works and logs me out. Also the refresh button while at backup plan page logs me out. Sometimes the create new backup plan action succeeds.

I am running Cloudberry backup trial ultimate in an Ubuntu 20.04 LXC container. Everything else seems to respond as expected. Is there any error in file permissions of web application.

I checked the log with journalctl and found the following relevant log messages:

May 22 21:19:41 cloudberry systemd[1]: cloudberry-backupWA.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
    May 22 21:19:41 cloudberry systemd[1]: cloudberry-backupWA.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Do we need to make adjustment to the cloudberry-backupWA.service
  • Aanjaneya
    Well I have tried the webaccess on the following on the following

1) Debian 10 (headless) KVM virtual machine.
    2) Debian 10 (headless) LXC container
    3) Debian 10 (headless) LXD virtual machine.
    4) Ubuntu 18.04 (headless) LXC container)
    5) Ubuntu 18.04 (headless)KVM virtual machine.
    6) Ubuntu 18.04 (headless) LXD virtual machine.
    7) Ubuntu 20.04 (headless) LXC container)
    8) Ubuntu 20.04 (headless)KVM virtual machine.
    9) Ubuntu 20.04 (headless) LXD virtual machine.

I am getting the above segmentation error on all of it:

May 22 21:19:41 cloudberry systemd[1]: cloudberry-backupWA.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
    May 22 21:19:41 cloudberry systemd[1]: cloudberry-backupWA.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

What should I do? I need to sort this before I buy a licence.
  • Aanjaneya
    It happens even if I press cancel on edit or create new backup plan.
  • Aanjaneya
    I have also tried it with both the ultimate and personal trial licence.
  • David Gugick
    I believe this is a known issue that is being fixed in the 3.1 release. I know the work to address it has already been completed by development and is now in the QA phase. If you're not using the latest 3.0 release, you may want to try that, but it looks like the issue is officially fixed in 3.1.

Do you have a UI installed on your Linux distro? If so, can you use the fat client in the interim? If not, I would encourage you to open a support if you can. I will also note this report in the bug tracking system and also ask engineering directly if there is a work-around. Stay tuned.
  • Aanjaneya
    Thanks David. I will await your response regarding the workaround or update when the new version is released. A workaround, while the new version is being worked upon, would be highly helpful as the error is quite annoying.

As a side note will you be able to signpost me towards any existing documentation regarding running cloudberry in a headless KVM or xen virtual machines
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment