• Brian Pauleen
    A bit of novice with how backups work, but I recently moved two hard drives from one PC to another. On the first PC, I had Cloudberry Desktop doing a backup from D drive to E drive every thirty minutes. (no encryption)

After I moved the drives, I reinstalled the program and replicated the backup plan. I made a series of mistakes related to getting the back up running again, including deleting backups from the E drive (which I assume would cause problems)

I believe things are messed up because when I now run the back up plan, it finds only recently updated/created files, but I only see a few older files on the E drive.

Based on some googling I set Delete Versions Older than 1 day from modification date (under Under Options>Retention Policy,). The subsequent backup took a while to run (it was on Purging for most of the time). However, the next backup run didn't catch the older files.

How can I (easily) recover from this? I don't need any of the existing backups as running a completely new Full Backup would be an option.

Thanks

• Brian Pauleen
    Thanks David. I ran the consistency check and synchronize and that fixed the issue.

Quick follow-up. If I remove a folder from my my back up plan (if there is no need to back it up), does running a synchronize delete the folder form the backup?
  • David Gugick
    No. If you remove a selected folder from the backup plan, the backups for that folder will remain in backup storage since the folder is no longer under management by the software. You can easily remove the folder from the Backup Storage tab by navigating to the folder, right-clicking, and deleting it - that will permanently remove it from storage.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment