• dakky
    Hello, the remote computer i'm trying to set unattended access doesn't use Windows password, it is in a workgroup, and has auto log-in enabled. For some reason when I connect to it, it asks first for password, then for PIN, and I can't set a manual PIN anywhere. And even when I get the PIN, when I connect to it, it starts in view only mode so nothing can be done on it.

Is it really that hard to just connect to the remote computer using a predefined password and be able to control it without entering PIN or clicking "full access" on the computer itself?

Thanks
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

I think I might know where the issue is coming from - Auto-Login, our application considers that you are jumping in an active Windows session, thus showing the PIN code on the remote screen. We implemented it this way due to possible security issues. Hope I answered your question.
  • dakky
    It answers the question, but does not gives the solution :)

I mean, shouldn't that be the point of unattended access? I got some rendering machines which I occasionally need to supervise, but they're clientless and headless without keyboard or a monitor, so jumping in the active Windows session is pretty much impossible. And hence no users on the machine, just the local Administrator account (set without password).

I found a loophole - set TeamViewer on the remote machine too, so I just join with Teamviewer to see the PIN and click on "full control", but that's kinda making security even worse (if you're talking about security).

Can't there be a single "full control anytime password without PIN" set somewhere and let it just work as it should? :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment