• Pavel Polívka
    Hi,

ID changed on one PC without changing anything on that PC. So I lost access to a remote computer :sad:
  • Sergey N
    Hello Pavel,

Were there any Windows updates before the ID changed? I think it might be related to this.
  • Pavel Polívka
    Yes, I update Windows regularly.
  • Joel
    it would be beneficial if it was alot harder to change the id. my experience is that if remote assistant runs into any issue reading the configuration information, it will not retry and log any real errors. it will simply make up a new id. far from ideal. it would be nice if it would store the current id in a couple of different areas including file system and registry for it to fall back on and instead log errors reading any of them.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Pavel,

Yeap, we were able to recreate the scenario with the Windows Updates, we will see how can we go with it further. Thank you for bringing it up.

Hello Joel,

Well I personally agree with you, however, there are some factors that also affect the ID generation and storage so far we are monitoring those processes and surely thinking about other cases where we can affect this.
  • HilltopsGM
    The ID on my computer that I have setup has changed (again) . . . is this still related to windows updates?

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening that I am not aware of yet, or are we still waiting for a fix on the App side of things?

Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet