• John Sikora
    Sometimes when I run the backup I get a message saying that the clock is not in sync. When I look at the time it is indeed wrong. The issue is that this ONLY happens when I run the backup program. When the backup starts the clock is correct. The backup searches for files and then gives the error message about the clock not being in sync. Running Cloudberry Server edition 7.2.1.53 . Problem occurs on both Windows 10 and 11. It seems to have started within the last 30 days. Also up to date on all Windows maintenance.
  • David Gugick
    What version of Windows Server are you using? Is this on a physical machine or a virtual machine? If virtual, which virtual platform? Also have a look athis KB article:

https://kb.msp360.com/standalone-backup/general/system-time-issues
  • John Sikora
    It's windows Pro 11 21H2, physical machine. I had looked at that article before and tried it's solution but it didn't seem to change anything. Odd item is that it seems to occur only if there is a very long (i.e. > 15 minutes) between the time that the scan for changes starts and the first file is found.
  • David Gugick
    I'm checking with the support team to see if there's anything other customers have reported when running on Windows 11. I don't think we're officially certified on that platform yet, but that should be remedied in the upcoming release. I'll report back when I hear from the support team.
  • John Sikora
    Actually, same problem occurred on Windows 10. I thought about taking off a couple of months of Windows maintenance to see if it would make the problem go away, but didn't do it.
  • David Gugick
    From support.

I can see in the forum that the customer is reporting their issue is happening on Windows 10 as well, so I would think this is more likely an issue caused by something in their network than it is by Windows 11. They could possibly have a domain controller or a host server that is changing their time which would be recorded as a Windows event.

Windows Event log (SYSTEM) usually records such an issue as "An application or system component changed the time" message from Kernel-General (Event ID 1):

It also seems interesting to me that they are reporting this just a few days after daylight savings happened. Knowing how far off the time is getting would be helpful in determining if that has anything to do with it. It's hard to say for sure without the logs which would say how far off the time was.
  • John Sikora
    I'll check my logs. I found it strange as well that it happened just after DST was changed. I have five other computers in the house that have not had the symptom. Thanks for the great support as always. I'll post what I find or don't find.
  • John Sikora
    I did find entries in the logs but it only points back to a SVCHOST program and a PID that I can't trace back. I tried today to duplicate the issue but failed. I was able to cause it to occur in the past. Unfortunately, there was some Windows maintenance applied as well. Let's just close this and I'll resubmit if it happens again and I can duplicate it easily. Thanks for your support.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment