• QIC-40
    I'm noticing "Bad file ID:" listed as a message for purge operations of certain files during backup. What does that mean?

The backup result is Success so I'm assuming the "Bad file ID:" occurrences are normal, but it's still best I understand what they are.

This is CloudBerry Backup for Linux v3.3.0.11.

Thanks,

Brad

• David Gugick
    Sorry but I can find no reference to that error in our internal system. Can you see any details from the plan history that might shed some light on the message? What storage are you using?
  • QIC-40
    The storage is Backblaze B2.

An example message would be something like:

/*
    Operation     Purge
    Plan name     user-backup
    File          /CBB_computer/CBB_VOLUMES/.../DSC_8083.NEF$/20190729215800/DSC_8083.NEF
    Size          0.00 B
    Finish Time   1/6/22 11:02 AM
    Duration      00:00:01
    Date Modified 7/29/19 3:58 PM
    Message       Bad file ID:
    */

In all cases the file size is 0 bytes.

Thanks,

Brad
  • David GugickAccepted Answer
    What is that file you're backing up?

I think you'll need to open a support case as I have no information on that error. Even googling backblaze b2 and that message does not return any useful results. Support would be my recommended next step.
  • QIC-40
    Okay. Thank you for trying. Weird one.

Brad
  • QIC-40
    Just to close this one out, I contacted MSP360 support and, after reviewing my backup logs, they suggested the following:

It seems that the sync between Cloud storage and Local database is slightly outdated.

Please synchronize the repository following these steps:
    1. Go to Settings - Application - Synchronize Repository.
    2. Choose your account from drop-down menu.
    3. Press Synchronize Now
    — MSP360 support

I did that and am happy to report it seems to have solved the problem. How my cloud storage and local database got out of sync in the first place remains a mystery. At least now I know what to try first if it happens again.

And kudos to Anton at MSP360 for the fast reply and resolution.

Brad
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for the update. FYI: If you ever need to remove old backup data, always best to do that from the agent's Storage tab to keep things synchronized.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment