migrating to a new machine, backup is duplicated
I didn't follow the directions, but only because I thought they didn't apply to my situation. I exported the CBB configuration from the old computer using Cloudberry's "export" button, and imported it to the new computer. This seemed to obviate the need to create duplicate backup plans: I assumed that was the point of the "import/export" function i.e.,, to avoid the need to create new ones. My old ones loaded with the same prefix. So, to go step by step with the instructions:
1. No I did not register the cloud storage because it registered automatically when I loaded the configuration, and is working.
2. Did not need to select a bucket - that setting was imported.
3. Prefix is identical
4. Yes, I manually synced and waited for it to complete
5. to be honest I'm not sure the linux version has a Backup Storage tab that displays the backup tree. I see it on the screenshots for Windows - maybe I'm just being dense. Any guidance welcome!
6. Cloudberry loaded my old backup plans when I imported the configuration, so I did not create new ones.
Now I have an additional issue that Cloudberry is failing to start. I am running Linux Mint (basically Ubuntu) so if you have a hint as to how to uninstall it so I can re-install, that would be great.
Once I get it reinstalled, do I have to manually recreate my backup plans following the above directions, even though I exported them a couple of days ago?
Thanks again for your help.