• DavidA
    I was having weird results when clicking on drop down boxes in a remotely controlled PC. I would click on it and often I would see the dropdown list flash real quick and then go away. I could tell that the field had been selected and I could use the arrow keys to move through the list box and then press Enter to select an item. But, since the list wasn't popped up any more, I couldn't click on an entry in it.

It just so happens that I was just now trying to type into a field on the remote PC. Every keystroke that I typed was doubled. So, if I typed "this", what was entered on the remote PC was "tthhiiss". When this happened, I realized that this is what is happening with the mouse clicks as well (I think). That is why I see the dropdown pop up and then immediately do away. The first click shows the drop down, and then the second click causes the list to go away.

I can't find any settings that I think could be causing this. Any ideas?
  • Matt
    Make sure you're on the latest version and send us the logs from both machines via diagnostic menu, please. Don't forget to mention this forum thread in the issue description.
  • DavidA
    I did this for the PC that I am controlling from, but I cannot do it from the PC being controlled...because when I click on the "menu" icon (3 bars) for that session it is doing a double-click and the menu does not show...so I can't select the option I need to. If you absolutely need this, I can connect keyboard, mouse, monitor to it to get the info. It is just a pain to do that.

I am running v2.2.0.50 on both PCs. If it matters/helps, these PCs are also on the same home network, so access is via LAN instead of internet.
  • Matt
    Is gather logs from the log folder an option? Sending them as an archive would help.
  • DavidA
    I can probably do that. Where are these files located?...and their names?
  • Matt
    By default they are in C:\ProgramData\Remote Assistant\Logs
    There should be 2 files there, we need both of them.
  • DavidA
    Have you been able to figure out anything from this?...Or do you need anything else from me? This is very annoying, and basically makes 50% of the remote control not usable.
  • Sergey N
    Can I ask you to take a screenshot of the mouse configuration on the remote machine ? This part of it:

1f79ojczk5vbfb9q.png
  • DavidA
    Looks pretty much like what you show...

attached image
    Attachment
    Image 5 (38K)
  • Sergey N
    Okays, this is really strange, may i ask you to send us the Diagnotic Info from the machine you are connecting via Main Menu - Diagnostic - don't forget to mention this forum post in the description. Thank you.
  • DavidA
    Just submitted this info. Thanks for continuing to look into this. I continue to try things as well...but am still having no success myself either.
  • DavidA
    This is the ticket that was created...

Ticket ID 264290
  • Sergey N
    Hello David,

Got the ticket, already reviewing it, I will update you as soon as we have any results via the ticketing system. Cheers!
  • DavidA
    Just wanted to post an update for this. I don't know how, but it magically fixed itself.
  • Sergey N
    that is really good to hear, anyway, we will still investigate it
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube