• AlexSeidel
    Dear All,

I just upgraded RemoteAssistant from v2.2.0.51 to v2.3.0.52. This was done first on my PC then on the remote machine which runs in unattended mode. I have done this a few times before but after this upgrade I am a bit worried because the remote machine doesn't show the option for "Check for Updates" anymore. So I fear there will be a problem when the next version comes out. For comparison this is the menu which is shown on the remote unattended machine with the current version:

cloudberry_v2.3.0.52_options.gif

Whereas the previous versions showed this menu with the option to update:

cloudberry_v2.2.0.51_options.gif

Is the change intentional or am I missing something? The ability of updating an unattended machine without physical access is important.

Let me thank you for this wonderful software and keeping it free as well!!!

I am looking forward for the upcoming multi-connection support, which I think, will also avoid the irritating warning message "...user is already working on Remote computer. Your connection will pause...". I hope so ;-)

Best,
    Alex
    Attachments
    cloudberry_v2.3.0.52_options (8K)
    cloudberry_v2.2.0.51_options (10K)
  • Sergey N
    Hello Alex,

Thank you again for noticing it, already discussing it with R&D.
  • Jared Pickerell - DCEduCoop

Noticing that when remoted into 2.4 machine, the "Check for Updates" is still not there in the Remote Desktop menu on the remote machine, same as @AlexSeidel said was the case in release 2.3.

I have noticed this being a problem with not being able to remotely update some of my machines. On a couple of them, I still luckily happened to have a copy of another party's remote support app and was able to get Remote Desktop client updated within the other app's 5 minute connection timelimit.

Would really really love to see remote update capability brought back in a 2.4 patch or when 2.5 get released. Makes is quite hard to not be able to remotely update those machines on 2.3 and 2.4.

FYI, do absolutely LOVE the multi-connect support that we got in version 2.4!!!

Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!