• Jonathon Rosenthal
    I just went to perform a restore on our Windows File Server and when I loaded Cloudberry the file backup continuous real-time operation was frozen. And it was frozen since December.

Supposedly my Backblaze B2 bucket shows transactions during the last 3 months. But the file viewer is not showing any files newer than the time Cloudberry froze. So I am seriously hoping that my client did not files created in the last 3 months that they need restored.

My question is how can I prevent this in the future. And are there additional ways I can monitor Cloudberry or perhaps B2 since the Cloudberry notification software did not trigger an alert.

Thank you.
  • David Gugick

• You could sent notification emails when backups complete. If you do not see an email, you would know something is wrong and then can cycle the server or re-start the backup service .
    • Check your version - new releases may contain fixes for old issues
    • You could periodically reboot the server.
    • You could check the CloudBerry Backup service and agent from PowerShell to see if they are running and stop / kill and restart them if needed
    • I would also not keep the agent open if that's a concern. The backup runs as a service so there is no requirement to have the agent running
    • You could move to Managed Backup which provides a dashboard of all customers / agents and activity that is easily monitored from your web browser.

But I would suggest you create a support ticket from Tools | Diagnostic in the toolbar on the machine in question and ask support to have a look to see what may have caused the issue.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment