• Josep
    I just saw that the the SQL Server edition has a 1TB total storage limit.
    Is this actually so?
    Was not aware of this artificial limitation and the issue did not come up (why would it?) when I demoed the product.
    If the limitation is real, I will need to reevaluate my options. :(
  • David Gugick
    Unlimited storage is available in the Ultimate Edition. How much storage do you anticipate needing for your SQL Server database backups and other backups on that server?
  • Josep
    I can see this customer using from 1 to 2TB.
    My customers are small businesses with 1 Windows Server at the center of their infrastructure and running one or more SQL Servers. For that, the SQL Server edition is ideal, but the 1TB might be a deal breaker in some cases. Doubling the monthly price just because of that ... doesn't seem right.
  • David Gugick
    There is no subscription for stand-alone products. They are one-time purchases of perpetual licenses with optional maintenance. Ultimate Edition is $89 more than SQL Server ($299 versus $209). https://www.msp360.com/backup/windows.aspx

If you're talking about Managed Backup and just posted in the wrong section, then there are no storage limitations on any of the licenses for that subscription product.

Can you clarify what you are using?
  • Josep
    I am an MSP and I am reselling monthly licenses for those products to my customers.
    Did I get it wrong? :yikes:
  • David Gugick
    If you're an MSP, then you are presumably reselling Managed Backup - which is designed for MSPs. You posted in the stand-alone backup section (I can move the post if needed). If you are using Managed Backup there are no storage limits on any of the licenses.
  • Josep
    Feel free to move it, and I am sorry for posting it on the wrong forum, but happy and relieved that my versions have no limits.:halo:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment