• Steve Putnam
    We were under the impression that “restore to the local computer” was a feature of the beta version of the software.
    However, we discovered that with the production version of the agent (7.8.1.350), we could restore files from a hyperV guest to the hyper V host machine, using both the agent or the web portal.
    The new wizard makes it VERY easy to restore files directly to the local computer that you are starting the restore from.
    And it worked with local and cloud storage. And we were using legacy format.
    MSP360 support was seemingly unaware of this capabilty when we were dealing with an msp360 repository issue on the HyperV guest machine that needed a restore. We could not start a restore due to a frozen repo sync process.
    We simply restored the files from the guest backup directly to a new folder on the host and then moved the folder over to the guest machine that needed the files.
    This is a powerful option. I dont know how I missed it in the release notes, but it warrants further examination/ explanation.
    Can anyone tell me more about this feature and when it was introduced?
  • Alexander Negrash
    How did you perform the restore? Did you use Quick Restore or item-level restore in a Restore Plan?
  • Steve Putnam
    Item level restore in a restore plan from both the web portal and the agent console. Learned through testing that the source machine has to be on in order to access its backups but still a very useful feature that I did not know existed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment