• Sam Hall
    I've been using the paid Pro version for over 2-years now and am very pleased with the software. It does everything I needed and more.
    My hope and expectation was like most services - the storage limit was increase over time to account for ... well, reality of storage space needs.
    Going from a $50 option to a $300 option forces me to consider other solutions that are better use of money (like put that toward a new NAS and use the old one to do the off-site).
    I'd strongly encourage Cloudberry to evolve & upgrade that lower limit to 10TB to remain an awesome and viable option. Thank you.
  • Joey Jones
    The 5TB limit seems to not matter. I have been using the free version for a number of years. Today I got the email telling me about the new 5TB limit but the software does NOT recognize the new limit. It is still limiting me to 200GB. So suggesting 10TB is great but I would first like to see the 5TB work!!!
  • David Gugick
    Free is limited to 200 GB on cloud storage vendors other than Amazon AWS which has a 5 TB limit. Pro has a 5 TB limit for all cloud storage vendors.

You can find a comparison table here: https://www.msp360.com/backup/windows.aspx

Could you post the relevant details of the email here so I can see what was sent?

Thanks.
  • Joey Jones
    I am an Amazon AWS user and still limited to 200 GB. The 5GB mentioned here and in the email I received this morning is no where to be seen.
  • Joey Jones
    PRODUCT UPDATE
    Back up 5TB to Amazon S3
    With CloudBerry Backup Free

We are excited to announce that the latest edition of CloudBerry Backup Desktop Free Edition now allows users to protect up to 5 TB of data when using Amazon S3!

Previously, the Desktop Free Edition allowed you to protect only up to 200 GB; however, users of the Free Edition were running into the 200 GB limit pretty quickly. To make free edition more effective for our free community users, we have increased this limit up to 5 TB when using Amazon S3.

We continue to invest in our free products to keep them relevant to our user community, as we value their feedback and continued support.

Download FREE
  • David Gugick
    Are you on the latest version? If not, I'd try updating. You can continue using the old backup format on the 7.x version.If you have already upgraded, I'll have to reach out to Support.
  • Joey Jones
    I already upgraded.
  • Joey Jones
    I downloaded and updated today but it says I am on version 7.0.4.3 so maybe it didn't take?
  • Joey Jones
    Just looked at the downloaded file from the email I got and it is the version I input above.
  • David Gugick
    I'll need to check with Support. I'll reply back here once I hear back.
  • Joey Jones
    Thank you sir!
  • David Gugick
    Please do the following:

Support needs to see the logs.

Go to Tools > Diagnostics in the toolbar. In the opened window click Send button. The logs will be sent to our support team automatically. This will help them diagnose and troubleshoot the issue. Please add "Logs for ticket #00062687" to the issue description. Do not manually attach the log file. It will be sent automatically.

Here is some info on how to send the log file for Backup: https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-send-diagnostic-info/

Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    You'll need to open a support case using the directions above so Support can see the logs.
  • David Gugick
    Can I ask how much data you need to store in the cloud? Or, is the limitation in the product more of a moral objection.
  • David Gugick
    Who were you using? We deprecated some services last year as we did not have many customers using them. However, I may be able to suggest an alternative depending on your specific needs.
  • Drew Dupont
    Any plans to support over 5TB for the personal edition? I backup to my personal cloud server and am hitting the small 5TB limit.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment